Rescue operations in Texas and Florida
How to get recovery assistance for Hurricanes Harvey and Irma and other FEMA disasters.
As the Gulf Coast and Southeast recover from two back-to-back devastating hurricanes 16 days apart, Henry Schein Animal Health (HSAH) has been working behind the scenes to assist veterinarians as well as animals in peril.
In late August following Hurricane Harvey on the Gulf Coast, HSAH set up hotlines and coordinated donations, collaborating with Texas and Louisiana veterinary medical associations to ensure that donations were put to the best possible use. HSAH also worked with Texas A&M University’s College of Veterinary Medicine to assist their emergency units with supplies to treat animals in the Houston area.
After Hurricane Irma struck Florida and the East Coast in September, HSAH coordinated donations with veterinary medical associations in Florida and Georgia, the American Veterinary Medical Foundation and the American Association of Equine Practitioners.
How to Get Help
If you need recovery assistance, please call the Henry Schein Hotline at (800) 999-9729.
For veterinary customers affected by any FEMA natural disaster (including Oregon wildfires), HSAH offers:
- “Opening Order Terms” for orders to re-stock, re-build or re-organize their practices
- Assistance gathering HSAH purchase history including item values and replacement values for insurance claims
- Assistance estimating the value of current equipment and the cost to replace damaged equipment
- Hardware recovery and replacement (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Data backup and recovery
- Assistance with customer notifications
Download a HSAH recovery guide:
Data Backup and Recovery
- Contact AVImark Data Backup Team at (888) 538-8348 or the ImproMed Data Backup Team at (800) 925-7171 for the most recent copy of your practice data.
- For assistance setting up notifications for customers contact your Rapport Account Manager at 855-980-9099.
State and National Assistance
If you are a veterinarian customer needing assistance, please contact:
- Texas Veterinary Medical Assocation: (512) 452-4224; email@example.com
- Lousiana Veterinary Medical Assocation: https://lvma.org/LVMA/Walter_J_Ernst_Foundation.asp
- Florida Veterinary Medical Assocation: https://fvma.org/events/hurricane-irma-update/ or call (800-435-7352) within the state
- American Veterinary Medical Foundation: http://www.avmf.org/
- Georgia Veterinary Medical Foundation: http://www.gvmafoundation.org/home.html
- American Association of Equine Practitioners Foundation: https://foundation.aaep.org/
Photo credits (left to right):
CAL SPORT MEDIA VIA AP IMAGES
BRAD MCCLENNY/THE GAINESVILLE SUN VIA AP
KIM BRENT/THE BEAUMONT ENTERPRISE VIA AP